LibriVox: The Horla by Guy de Maupassant
Filed under: Online Audio
If I had to name the one story that’s influenced my reading, and thinking, most in last couple of years I’d name The Horla by Guy de Maupassant. It possesses my mind like a dark and deep tunnel running through my imaginative landscape – if you haven’t heard it yet you should. Below you’ll find my preferred version, but there are more readings, and adaptations HERE – and we did a whole podcast about it, that’s HERE.
One new thing though is this |PDF| which I made from a scan of an issue of Famous Fantastic Mysteries – it features the 1911 George Allan England translation.
Posted by Jesse Willis
- LibriVox: What Was It? by Fitz-James O’Brien
- The Horla by Guy de Maupassant
- LibriVox: The Diary Of A Madman by Guy de Maupassant
- The Necklace by Guy de Maupassant
- The Shadow And The Flash by Jack London
- CBS Radio Mystery Theater: The Horla adapted from the story by Guy de Maupassant