X Minus One: A Gun For Dinosaur based on the short story by L. Sprague de Camp
I was surprised to learn this X-Minus One audio drama had never been posted to SFFaudio before. We’ve talked about L. Sprague de Camp’s A Gun For Dinosaur on the SFFaudio Podcast a couple of times (episodes #055 and #035), but for some reason it had never actually been posted on the website!
Now that I’ve got a copy of the original magazine where the short story was first published, and I’m looking at the fantastic illustrations by Ed Emshwiller, I think I’ve found the perfect time!
X-Minus One – A Gun For Dinosaur
Based on the short story by L. Sprague de Camp; Performed by a full cast
1 |MP3| – Approx.30 Minutes [RADIO DRAMA]
Broadcast: March 7, 1956
Provider: Internet Archive
In the bloodiest and most ferocious arena of all prehistoric Earth, hunting reptile heavyweights isn’t for human lightweights. First published in the March 1956 issue Galaxy magazine.
And here’s the cover and splash page for Marvel Comics’ Worlds Unknown, which featured a 14 page adaptation of the story:
Posted by Jesse Willis
- Seeing Ear Theatre: Gaiman, Willis, Bear, Rusch and more
- X Minus One: A Pail Of Air based on the short story by Fritz Leiber
- X Minus One: Junkyard adapted from the story by Clifford D. Simak
- The Dimension X and X-Minus One of William Tenn
- Story Speiler: Accidental Death and All The World A Grave
- StarShipSofa has a Hugo Award story