New Release – Mr. Spaceship by Philip K. Dick, read by Rudnicki
Filed under: New Releases
The war continues as a stalemate. The Yucconae, an alien race, are living organisms that can traverse outer space. The Earth’s drone rockets do not have a chance against the flexibility of a living organisms.
Working in a military research facility, Kramer comes up with a system of installing a man’s brain as the central processor of a rocket. Since a pilot could not withstand the pressures of deep space flight, a willing sacrifice will need to be made. Kramer’s ex-wife, Dolores, remembers an old professor, Professor Thomas, that she and Kramer had attended in college. Professor Thomas is near the end of his lifespan. His mind is still agile, and it is agreed that it is his mind that will go into the rocket. The plan is for the brain to be alive but not conscious inside the rocket.
But things don’t go as they should as some last minute modification allows Professor Thomas to return to consciousness and fully control the ship. And it’s not in the Professor’s plans to be a pawn to the Earth’s military.
Available at Audible and iTunes.
Posted by The Time Traveler of the Time Traveler Show
- LibriVox: Mr. Spaceship by Philip K. Dick
- The Time Traveler Show podcasts a FREE Kurt Vonnegut Tale: 2BR02B
- TTS #29 – Robert Silverberg 1970 WorldCon Speech
- A conversation between Wernher von Braun and Willy Ley
- The SFFaudio Podcast #291 – READALONG: Martian Time-Slip by Philip K. Dick
- The Time Traveler Show #11 Beyond Lies The Wub by Philip K. Dick