Dagon by H.P. Lovecraft
There seems to me no point in any other narrator even attempting to narrate H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon. Wayne June mastered it. He conquered it. He embodied it. And he has made all other attempts, at least those not done for one’s own pleasure, a deaf and pointless exercise.
Like an inescapable crushing force June’s narration works upon your mind, flooding a cool swaddling of algal bloom round the the abyssal depths of your fear center, pulling you down into his narration like a black ocean of horror from which nothing and no one can ever truly be freed.
By H.P. Lovecraft; Read by Wayne June
1 |MP3| – Approx. 16 Minutes [UNABRIDGED]
Podcaster: Audio Realms Podcast
Podcast: August 12th 2008
The testament of a tortured, morphine-addicted man who plans to commit suicide over an incident that occurred early on in World War I when he was a merchant marine officer. First published in the November 1919 edition of The Vagrant (issue #11).
And here’s a |PDF| made from a publication in Weird Tales.
Posted by Jesse Willis
- Naxos Audiobooks: Dagon by H.P. Lovecraft
- AUDIO REALMS: Dagon by H.P. Lovecraft
- Recent Arrivals – H.P. Lovecraft from Audio Realms
- Review of Dagon by H.P. Lovecraft
- More exciting title announcements, this time fro…
- The House On The Borderland by William Hope Hodgson – Read by Wayne June