Commentary: My letter to Gottfrid Svartholm Warg (co-founder of The Pirate Bay)
Filed under: Commentary
…I’ve just written a letter to Gottfrid Svartholm Warg, the co-founder of the torrent site The Pirate Bay. Gottfrid, who is at this moment languishing and incarcerated in a Swedish prison, is to me a prisoner of censorship (though the traditional word for it is probably political prisoner).
Among other things my letter relates of the good TPB has done for me, and countless other downloaders. I specifically point out an audio drama that was unjustifiably trampled by an evil corporation that claimed a violation of their trademark.
I wanted Gottfrid to know that his efforts to make TPB were appreciated. In my letter I also compare TPB to my public library, tell him about some of my current projects, and express my frustration with the current copyright climate.
Posted by Jesse Willis
- CONAN attacks fans
- CKNW: The Mike Smyth Show talks to the leader of the Pirate Party of Canada
- Shell Game by Philip K. Dick is PUBLIC DOMAIN
- Robert E. Howard’s Queen Of The Black Coast and Red Nails available again
- Breakfast At Twilight by Philip K. Dick is PUBLIC DOMAIN
- James P. Crow by Philip K. Dick is PUBLIC DOMAIN