LibriVox: The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
Filed under: Online Audio
Alan Moore’s comic The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen is chock- full of public domain literary references (and characters). This is the third in a series of posts in which I root out the freely available audiobooks (at LibriVox.org) that either feature the characters in “the league” or which are at least alluded to in passing in the story. What’s especially interesting in this case is that Moore’s wasn’t the first comic book to take inspiration from Henry Jekyll’s chemically induced bipolarity. Marvel comics had its own take on Jekyll and Hyde with Bruce Banner’s transformation into The Incredible Hulk. Indeed it seems rather strange that I never saw this until I saw Moore’s own re-purposing.
The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde
By Robert Louis Stevenson; Read by Kristin Hughes
10 Zipped MP3 Files or Podcast – Approx. 2 Hours 50 Minutes [UNABRIDGED]
Published: April 24, 2009
After hearing Mr. Enfield’s account of a distressing event involving Edward Hyde, the heir of his friend, Henry Jekyll, John Utterson is convinced that Jekyll’s relationship with Hyde is built on something sinister. Utterson’s concern for his friend is not unfounded but the reasons aren’t quite what he, at first, believes.
iTunes 1-Click |SUBSCRIBE|
Posted by Jesse Willis
- The SFFaudio Podcast #077 – READALONG: Strange Case Of Doctor Jekyll And Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
- BBC Radio 4: Brian Aldiss chooses his Desert Island music / Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde RADIO DRAMA
- BBC Radio 4: Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde and The Rapture
- LibriVox: Dracula by Bram Stoker
- Willamette Radio Workshop offering free Halloween content via PRX.org
- LibriVox: Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea by Jules Verne