I’ve been eagerly waiting for this one… The Kick-Ass Mystic Ninjas latest podcast is up and ready for your consideration:
KAMN #17: The Demolished Man by Alfred Bester
Here’s the description…
“Summer, Joe and David tackle the first novel to win the Hugo Award, Alfred Bester’s The Demolished Man. The story is on the surface a pulp police procedural where a weary yet tenacious detective must catch a killer. What sets this story apart from typical pulp novels is the incorporation of telepaths and telepathy as integral necessities of society, for business and commerce, lifestyle quality, and for deterring crime.
The Demolished Man is generally recognized as the first novel to delve into telepaths and society, and many stories that followed, in both literature and television, borrowed heavily from the telepath behaviors Bester set up in this story.”
Download the MP3 HERE.
- The Kick-Ass Mystic Ninjas Announce Two New Literary Shows
- The StarShipSofa podcast, the U.K.’s answer to The Kick-Ass Mystic Ninjas
- The SFFaudio Podcast #356 – READALONG: The Demolished Man by Alfred Bester
- CBS Radio Mystery Theater: The Walking Dead (aka Fondly Fahrenheit) by Alfred Bester
- Reading, Short And Deep #147 – The Die-Hard by Alfred Bester
- The SFFaudio Podcast #033