From the creator of the long running The Sci Phi Show podcast comes Sci Phi – The Journal Of Science Fiction and Philosophy!
“[This] is a new popular level journal aimed at readers who like science fiction but want to think
about its implications a little more. Each issue of Sci Phi will contain short stories and articles. The short stories will tend to have an interesting idea underlying them and the articles will look at various philosophical ideas through the lens of science fiction.
Issue #1 contains stories and articles by:
Matt Wallace, Paul S. Jenkins, Lee Battersby, Jason Pomerantz, Geoffrey Maloney, Michael Spence, Stephen Dedman, Ben Goertzel, Stephan Vladimir Bugaj, Ryan Nichols and Jason Rennie
Each issue comes in various ebook formats as well as all of the stories and articles in mp3 format for your listening pleasure. Each issue costs $7, and all of the contributors are paid on a royalty basis, with about 80% of the issue price being paid directly to contributors.
Additionally after one year each the journal will be released under a creative commons attribution non-commercial license 3.0.”
Look for a review of this first issue in the coming weeks.
Posted by Jesse Willis
- Review of Sci Phi: The Journal of Science Fiction In Philosophy – January 2008 (Volume 1 Issue 1)
- The Sci-Phi Show interviews Mike Resnick
- Sci-Phi Show talks Philosophy of Science with Bill DeSmedt
- Sci-Phi Show interviews Rudy Rucker
- Commentary: The Sci Phi Show and Christian Meets World and Twitter are apparently in a conspiracy to waste my time
- Recent Arrivals: Mars Needs Books by Gary Livosi