Star Trek: The Next Generation: Genesis Force
By John Vornholt; Read by Tim Russ
4 CD’s – 4.5 hours [ABRIDGED]
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Audio
Themes: / Science Fiction / Star Trek / Genetic Engineering / Planet Destruction /
This book is the fourth in John Vornholt’s Genesis Wave series, which are all available on audio. It is a stand-alone novel about the inhabitants of the planet Aluwna, which finds itself in the path of the ultra-destructive Genesis Wave, which was created in the previous novels in the series. This book mainly involves characters from this planet, as they figure out how to save as many of their race as possible and then deal with the aftermath of the Wave’s passage.
Genesis Force is a very satisfying novel in it’s own right. The story is fast-paced and the stakes high for the rulers and inhabitants of Aluwna. Ambassador Worf and a fleet of Klingon warships play an important role, and we are given a good look at Worf’s relationship with his sons, along with a rare view of Klingons who have arrived to help, not to destroy.
Tim Russ is a very skilled narrator. I’d enjoy hearing more of his narration both in and outside of Star Trek.
See more about audio Star Trek on SFFAudio’s Star Trek page…
- Star Trek: The Opportunity
- Review of Star Trek: Vulcan’s Soul: Exodus by Sherman and Shwartz
- Review of Star Trek: Vulcan’s Soul Book 3: Epiphany by Josepha Sherman and Susan Shwartz
- Review of Star Trek: Captain’s Blood by William Shatner, with Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens
- Miss Star Trek: Enterprise? Try a podcast! Star…
- Audiofy – Star Trek