It’s a comedic and relevant SF novel. The plot makes very little sense, but the themes and ideas are terrific. It skewers and examines various forms of crazy – from the American political system (and a kind of proto Occupy movement), to a rampant pharmacological industry, to the perils of psychotherapy. Add in musical contest TV shows, artificial people, and the planet Mars and you get a kind of crazy nuts book that only Dick can pull off.
And Luke, in turn, must abandon his usual format to try to make sense of the thing.
The podcast is here |MP3| and you can subscribe to Luke’s podcast via this feed:
Posted by Jesse Willis
- The Time Traveler Show # 6: More Philip K. Dick and J.C. Hutchins!
- SFBRP #138: Review of The Sword Of The Lictor by Gene Wolfe
- The Time Traveler Show #11 Beyond Lies The Wub by Philip K. Dick
- Review of Martian Time-Slip By Philip K. Dick
- LibriVox: Planet Of The Damned by Harry Harrison
- SFBRP: Luke Burrage in conversation with Jesse Willis