Episode #110, of the Science Fiction Book Review Podcast, is a review of Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.’s Slaughterhouse 5. Not so long ago I encouraged the host, Luke Burrage, to listen to a few audiobooks as a supplement to his paper and ebook reading. Now, whether he knows it or not, he’s become addicted to the medium. Indeed, check out his gushing admiration for the Blackstone Audio edition of Slaughterhouse 5 |READ OUR REVIEW|. It’s fun to hear just how much fun Luke is having talking about this book.
Luke uses the 5 star rating system. I am not generally a fan of scoring reviews in such a fashion, but it can be illuminating, at least to some degree if you personally know the reviewer. I’ve listened to Luke’s podcast, and he’s reviewed more than 100 SF books. Only two out of more than 100 have garnered a “5 out of 5 stars” rating. One of them is Slaughterhouse 5. Have a listen |MP3|.
Here’s the SFBRP podcast feed: http://www.sfbrp.com/?feed=podcast
Posted by Jesse Willis
- SFBRP #151: Time Travel Special, part 1 – Mark Twain – A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court
- SFsite: reviews of audiobooks and audio dramas
- Review of Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
- Review of Diplomatic Immunity by Lois McMaster Bujold
- The SFFaudio Podcast #231
- 2 MP3s: Kurt Vonnegut reads from Breakfast Of Champions and Philip K. Dick hates it!