Last night I discovered that Someday, a wonderful short story by Isaac Asimov, is PUBLIC DOMAIN.
Someday set in a future in which everyone is illiterate (Asimov has another story, The Fun They Had, that has a similar premise). It talks about audio vs. video, robotics, artificial intelligence, creativity, empathy, and it has a terrific twist ending.
I think you’ll treasure it as much as I have over the years.
And here’s an audiobook version:
Part 1 of 3:
Part 2 of 3:
Part 3 of 3:
Posted by Jesse Willis
- Prisoners of Gravity on Robots and Artificial Intelligence
- The First Edition – interview with Isaac Asimov and Frederik Pohl
- Review of Asimov Science Fiction Tales
- The Nine Billion Names Of God by Arthur C. Clarke (from Dercum Audio, 1991)
- Dream Realm Enterprises – The Realm Weaver – “Avatar”
- BBC7’s the 7th Dimension had a terrific Isaac As…