Spider Robinson has recorded his 1979 novella, Satan’s Children, for release in two parts on his podcast. He describes it as being “about a holy lunatic’s dream of actually making a better world, through chemistry.” Episodes 79 and 80 feature the complete reading.
Myself, I don’t like music, something included in almost every Robinson podcast, so I’ve used Audacity to strip out and combine both halves of the fiction in each episode. Combined together the novella runs nearly 78 minutes. But even if you are weird like me there are still a few other bits and bobs in there you may be interested in hearing – including some news on Jeanne Robinson‘s health and a rare blog entry from Harlan Ellison (as read by Spider).
By Spider Robinson; Read by Spider Robinson
2 MP3 Files – Approx. 1 Hour 18 Minutes [UNABRIDGED]
Podcaster: Spider On The Web
Podcast: March 2010
First published in the anthology New Voices II (The Campbell Award Nominees) edited by George R.R. Martin, Jove 1979.
iTunes 1-Click |SUBSCRIBE|
Donations for Jeanne Robinson can be done through THIS site.
Posted by Jesse Willis
- Options by John Varley – podcast on Spider On The Web
- Spider On The Web: Pruzy’s Pot by Theodore Sturgeon
- Spider Robinson at Tor Podcast
- Review of Melancholy Elephants by Spider Robinson
- Spider Robinson reads Slow Sculpture by Theodore Sturgeon
- 2 Classic Frederik Pohl tales narrated by Spider Robinson