We’re going to be recording a discussion for the SFFaudio Podcast this weekend. It’ll be centered around a wonderful, horrible, 19th century short story by Lucy Clifford. It’s called The New Mother.
Our narrator, Heather Ordover from the wonderful Craftlit podcast, has just sent me the file!
Happily it will be included in the podcast, along with our discussion of it, but I thought it might be interesting to share the audiobook with everyone early.
If you do download the audiobook |MP3| (which I’ll keep in my DropBox folder for the next week or so) and have a comment about the story, post it below. If it’s interesting we may refer to it in our discussion. And, for extra credit, we participants are planning on talking about The New Mother‘s relationship to Neil Gaiman’s Coraline and Philip K. Dick’s The Father Thing.
Posted by Jesse Willis
- The SFFaudio Podcast #245 – The Best of 2013
- Neil Gaiman blogs about reading (audio) books
- FREE Neil Gaiman short story A Study In Emerald
- Five Free Favourites #16: The 5 first H.P. Lovecraft episodes of The SFFaudio Podcast
- Seeing Ear Theatre: Gaiman, Willis, Bear, Rusch and more
- Instructions by Neil Gaiman