The Empire Of The Ants
By H.G. Wells; Read by Sean Puckett
1 |MP3| – Approx. 36 Minutes [UNABRIDGED]
Publisher: Voices In The Dark
A Brazilian navy gunboat, sent up the Amazon river to investigate reports of problems inland, discovers that large ants have begun taking over parts of the jungle. Showing signs of intelligence, the insects prove extremely hard to deal with. First published in the Strand Magazine, December 1905.
And here’s a |PDF| made from the publication in Amazing Stories, August 1926.
Posted by Jesse Willis
- Reading, Short And Deep #090 – An Express Of The Future by Michel Verne
- Five Free Favourites #18: The 5 first Philip K. Dick AUDIOBOOK/READALONG episodes of The SFFaudio Podcast
- LibriVox: What Was It? by Fitz-James O’Brien
- Breakfast At Twilight by Philip K. Dick is PUBLIC DOMAIN
- LibriVox: The Mad Planet by Murray Leinster
- The SFFaudio Podcast #260 – AUDIOBOOK: The Hound Of The Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle