Commentary: The art of book (and audiobook) arrangement
Filed under: Commentary
I’ve never understood the appeal of the art of flower arrangement – flowers are pretty, and I guess they’re full of symbolism – but other than that I don’t really get the appeal.
On the other hand, I find that whenever I visit someone’s home I’m immediately off and looking at their bookshelves. To me that’s where the real art of arrangement happens.
I happened to do a little of that myself today.
It started yesterday – when I spotted this perfectly good bookshelf being given away! FREE!
I snapped it right up, dusted it right off, and found a place for it in my apartment.
Then I policed up various books, and audiobooks, from various other overflowing shelves and arranged them in a handy and functional order.
They’re all basically grouped by author. Some of the books I’ve had for decades, others are quite new.
Here are a few details:
Posted by Jesse Willis
- Paradox: CONAN audiobook coming in June 2009
- Review of Inferno by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle
- You say you want Brade Runna?
- Listen To Genius: The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe
- Renting audiobooks
- Review of We’re Alive: A Story of Survival – Season One