Do you recognize the voice of this narrator?
Perhaps you will if you were, like me, a fan of a particular Canadian TV show (that also aired on CBS in the mid 1990s).
The narrator is Geraint Wyn Davies. He was the star of Forever Knight, a terrific “Crimetime After Primetime” late night drama that promised, and delivered, an odd blend of cop show and vampire mystique.
Hmmmm… now that I think about it, Forever Knight could have been set within the same universe as True Blood (prior to the invention of Tru Blood).
The collection includes five of the greatest stories of American classic horror. The richest of language is used to create extraordinary atmosphere — gloom, darkness, solitude, despair-and the relentless feeling of impending doom.
Table of contents:
The Oval Portrait by Edgar Allan Poe
Ethan Brand by Nathaniel Hawthorne
The Yellow Sign by Robert W. Chambers
The Upper Berth by F. Marion Crawford
An Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge by Ambrose Bierce
Posted by Jesse Willis
- Reading, Short And Deep #042 – The Oval Portrait by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Oval Portrait by Edgar Allan Poe
- The SFFaudio Podcast #311 – AUDIOBOOK/READALONG: Ethan Brand by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Review of Edgar Allen Poe Collected Stories and Poems
- Recent Arrivals – Edgar Allan Poe
- BBC 7: Scots Gothic – the influence of Scotland on Edgar Allan Poe