This is a pretty terrific adaptation of J. Sheridan Le Fanu’s vampire classic, Carmilla. David Warner is wonderful as the father of the doomed Laura. And the music sounds, to my untrained ear, like that from Wojciech Kilar‘s in the 1992 movie Bram Stoker’s Dracula.
By Don McCamphill; Adapted from the novella by J. Sheridan Le Fanu; performed by a full cast
Approx 44. Minutes [RADIO DRAMA]
Brodcaster: BBC Radio 4 Extra
Broadcast: Nov 1, 2011
A young woman finds her lonely existence in a remote Austrian castle enlivened by the arrival of a mysterious and beautiful visitor – Carmilla. What was the unworldly setting in which they last met? And why does Carmilla so violently reject the hawker’s amulet designed to ward off evil spirits?
Produced for BBC Northern Ireland Drama.
Posted by Jesse Willis
- CBSRMT: Carmilla by J. Sheridan Le Fanu [RADIO DRAMA]
- The SFFaudio Podcast #293 – AUDIOBOOK/READALONG: Carmilla by J. Sheridan Le Fanu
- BBC 7: Brightonomicon by Robert Rankin
- Recent Arrivals from The Grist Mill
- The SFFaudio Podcast #105 – AUDIOBOOK: The Most Dangerous Game by Richard Connell
- Aural Noir Review of The Adventures Of Sexton Blake