Recorded for an upcoming podcast discussion, here is Julie Davis‘ 9 minute reading of Beside Still Waters by Robert Sheckley.
When people talk about getting away from it all, they are usually thinking about our great open spaces out west. But to science fiction writers, that would be practically in the heart of Times Square. When a man of the future wants solitude he picks a slab of rock floating in space four light years east of Andromeda. Here is a gentle little story about a man who sought the solitude of such a location. And who did he take along for company? None other than Charles the Robot.
First published in Amazing Stories Oct.-Nov. 1953.
And here’s the |PDF| made from that original magazine publication.
Posted by Jesse Willis
- LibriVox: Beside Still Waters by Robert Sheckley
- The SFFaudio Podcast #211 – AUDIOBOOK/READALONG: Beside Still Waters by Robert Sheckley
- Zombie Astronaut has: Johnny Chase Agent Of Space!
- Sentry by Fredric Brown
- Dimension X: Almost Human adapted from a story by Robert Bloch
- The Shadow And The Flash by Jack London