Aired on the weekend, BBC Radio 7, has the first of two parts of an abridged reading of Brian Aldiss’ Nebula Award winning 1965 novelette, Man In His Time. It was was adapted for radio to celebrate his 80th birthday, and is introduced by Aldiss himself. The story is about an interplanetary astronaut, who upon return home is flummoxed to discover that he experiences everything around him on Earth as 3.3077 minutes into everyone else’s future.
Use the BBC Player’s ‘listen again’ service to hear part 1 which is online now – and listen for part 2 on this coming Sunday.
- BBC7’s The Seventh Dimension has a Brian Aldiss short story!
- BBC 7 Serializing Alex Garland’s The Coma
- BBC7 and The 7th Dimension have Matheson’s Duel again!
- BBC 7: H.G. Wells, Brian Aldiss, Hergé’s Tintin and a promise of Arthur C. Clarke tales to come)
- BBC7 has old Isaac Asimov and new Leigh Brackett
- BBC7: Brian Aldiss Presents: Imposter by Philip K. Dick