Jerry Stearns, host of the long running modern radio drama show Sound Affects: A Radio Playground will be airing four episodes of the Alien Worlds, a science fiction radio drama series, on KFAI-FM over the next four months. The first will be this Saturday, Sept. 23rd. That program will also include an exclusive interview with the producer of Alien Worlds, Lee Hanson.
Alien Worlds series first aired between 1979 and 1980 on commercial radio. Some of the episodes were written by J. Michael Straczynski, creator of Babylon 5, the City Of Dreams and The Adventures Of Apocalypse Al (though not any of the four set to be broadcast on Sound Affects). Each of the four programs will be streamed live at 10pm on Saturday (and of course broadcast in the Minneapolis/St. Paul. region), and each show will be archived on the KFAI website for two weeks after the broadcast. Here’s all the details on how to listen, and when each of the programs will be aired:
September 23, 2007 – Alien Worlds “The Paralax Deception” + Interview
October 28, 2007 – Alien Worlds “The Kilohertz War”
December 2, 2007 – Alien Worlds “Time Clash”
January 13, 2008 – Alien Worlds “The Seeds of Time”
And, as always, FREE APOCALYPSE AL!
- Sound Affects to air: “a good horrible story” next Sunday
- KFAI’s Sound Affects airs The Case Of The Disappearing Witch
- Commentary: Radio Drama from J. Michael Straczynski SHELVED! Let’s get it aired!
- J. Michael Straczynski’s The Adventures Of Apocalypse Al to be a digital comic
- The SFFaudio Podcast #055
- The Adventures Of Apocalypse Al