Speaking of Ardai and new book lines, here’s an older interview from NPR member station WHYY. Terry Gross interviewed Charles Ardai for her show Fresh Air back on May 5, 2008. In the interview Ardai details his inspirations (including his stories from the holocaust, William Blake and Lawrence Block) for his novel Songs Of Innocence, and the rest of the Hard Case Crime series. Near the end of the interview Ardai discusses the then upcoming 50th book in the HCC series (called Fifty-To-One) – which is a recursive novel about an editor named “Charles” who starts a paperback book line called “Hard Case Crime” – it takes the titles of the first 50 books in the HCC series and uses them as chapter titles to inform the novel’s plot. So cool!
Posted by Jesse Willis
- Lawrence Block in conversation with Charles Ardai
- Charles Ardai interview about Gabriel Hunt
- The SFFaudio Podcast #090
- New Releases: 3 SECRET Hard Case Crime audiobooks!
- New Releases: One more SECRET Hard Case Crime audiobook – The Confession by Domenic Stansberry
- Review of Hunt Through The Cradle Of Fear by Gabriel Hunt (aka Charles Ardai)