This story came out yesterday. It’s about atheists hanging out in churches. I too was hanging out a church yesterday. We spent a while upstairs listening to some moving eulogies and some denuded (or maybe modest) theological claims. Then we went downstairs and ate deviled eggs. It smelled musty down there but otherwise the atmosphere wasn’t that bad. There, my uncles reminisced about the church. Other than for a wedding, maybe 20 years back, they hadn’t been there for 40 years or so. They had spent many a Sunday there. While listening to the sermon, they said, they’d look up to the high ceiling and wonder about the small hatch sitting directly above the altar.
Was that where Jesus was going to descend from?
Since they didn’t mention getting an answer I guess the best answer would be: “not yet kids”
EP220: Come All Ye Faithful
By Robert J. Sawyer; Read by Mike Boris
1 |MP3| – Approx. 34 Minutes [UNABRIDGED]
Podcaster: Escape Pod
Podcast: October 15, 2009
Father Bailey is the one and only priest on Mars, with hardly any congregation to speak of. But his life suddenly gets interesting when the Vatican calls upon him to investigate an apparent miracle on the desolate plains of Cydonia…
Posted by Jesse Willis
- Escape Pod: Hawksbill Station by Robert Silverberg
- Diabolic Plots: The Best Of Pseudopod
- Escape Pod: All You Zombies by Robert A. Heinlein
- Escape Pod Podcast has a Robert J. Sawyer story!
- Recent Arrival: How Firm A Foundation by David Weber
- Lightspeed: The Way Of Cross And Dragon by George R.R. Martin