Drop that tasp and grab this link! I’ve got a FREE and UNABRIDGED version of Larry Niven’s Ringworld! You’ll need an Audible.com account. Hurry now, there’s no telling when this offer will dry up so grab it while you can!
Ringworld: Free Version
By Larry Niven; Read by Tom Parker (aka Grover Gardner)
FREE Audible Download – Approx. 11 Hours 15 Minutes [UNABRIDGED]
Publisher: Blackstone Audio
Welcome to Ringworld, an intermediate step between Dyson Spheres and planets. It is 93 million miles in radius – the equivalent of one Earth orbit or 600 miles long – 1,000 meters thick, and much sturdier than a Dyson sphere. What other advantages are there to this world? The gravitational force created by a rotation on its axis of 770 miles per second means no need for a roof. Walls 1,000 miles high at each rim will let in the sun and prevent much air from escaping.
Larry Niven’s novel Ringworld won the 1970 Hugo Award for Best Novel, the 1970 Nebula Award for Best Novel, and the 1972 Ditmars, an Australian award for Best International Science Fiction.
[via This Week In Tech]
Posted by Jesse Willis
- Review of Ringworld’s Children by Larry Niven
- Orson Scott Card Selects #5 – Protector by Larry Niven
- Review of Ringworld by Larry Niven
- KAMN, Ringworld. Nuff said.
- Coast To Coast AM: Interviews with Paul Di Filippo, Joe Haldeman, Lois McMaster Bujold, and Larry Niven
- New Release: No Exit by Larry Niven and Jean Marie Stine