Happy New Year!
I’ve been experiencing a growing appreciation for audio drama – I’ve always liked them, but lately I’ve been enjoying a renewed enthusiasm for the medium. Here are several good links to check out:
The Crazy Dog Audio Theatre has a list of the “greatest productions conceived specifically for audio” called The Masterpiece Gallery. Find it here.
The folks who bring us the Mark Time Award have a Science Fiction Audio Hall of Fame. Find it here.
A great place to buy Audio Drama is ZBS, the home of Meatball Fulton of Ruby fame.
Yuri Rasovsky, audio dramatist extraordinaire, has a website full of good stuff. Find it here. Some items of interest include an online text called The Well-Tempered Audio Dramatist: Producing Audio Plays in the 21st Century, reprints of some excellent Yurika! essays from Audiofile Magazine, and a list of his currently available productions.
And here is an essay by Yuri Rasovsky on the Audiofile magazine website called Audio Drama Today, which includes his “Audio Drama A-List” – ten accessible, enjoyable audio dramas.
Posted by Scott D. Danielson
- The Well Tempered Audio Dramatist by Yuri Rasovsky
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy: Tertiary Phase Wins Audiobook of the Year
- Radio Drama Revival: 2000X – Karel Čapek, Robert A. Heinlein, Yuri Rasovsky
- Audio Publishers Association’s annual awards finalists in Spec-Fic
- 2006 starts with some fine titles: Anne Manx on A…
- Recent Arrivals from Blackstone Audio