It’s A Good Life is a 1953 short story by Jerome Bixby. Set in the small town that used to be in Ohio. It’s entire population loves and fears three year old Anthony Fremont. Anthony is omnipotent.
This story has been adapted several times by The Twilight Zone. The original series did a very faithful adaptation, a sequel episode, “It’s Still A Good Life“, featured a grown-up Anthony and his daughter. There was also an adaptation within Twilight Zone: The Movie. Even The Twilight Zone radio drama series adapted it.
Here’s the audiobook, as podcast in two parts on Rick Jackson’s The Time Traveler Show (along with an interview with the narrator, William Dufris).
It’s A Good Life
By Jerome Bixby; Read by William Dufris
Part 1 |MP3| Part 2 |MP3| – Approx. 2 Hours 4 Minutes [UNABRIDGED]
Podcaster: The Time Traveler Show
Podcast: August 2006
Anthony Fremont can go anywhere he wants, he can read thoughts, he can project sensory information, he can create, he can destroy, he can mold reality, he can kill. Anthony Fremont is three years old. First published in Star Science Fiction Stories No.2.
Here’s a |PDF| made from the publication in Science Fantasy, #16, 1955.
Posted by Jesse Willis
- The Time Traveler Show Podcast # 4 : With Professional Narrator William Dufris
- The Time Traveler Show Podcast # 5 : Conclusive Proof That Podcasts Rule
- The Chaser by John Collier
- Elegy by Charles Beaumont
- Review of The Twilight Zone No. 2 – Walking Distance by Rod Serling
- First ever Mack Reynolds audiobook