Riot Ad Network has provided website ads in competition with Google AdSense since at least 2013.
SFFaudio.com uses both Google AdSense ads and Riot Ad ads to generate revenue to cover hosting costs (Riot Ad Network ads have been in place on SFFaudio.com since the Fall of 2013).
Riot Ad revenue payments started promisingly, beginning with $138.54 USD for November 2013 impressions but ended with $17.89 USD for May 2017 (the most recent payment).
From an email:
Riot New Media Group will be discontinuing the Riot Ad Network as of September 30, 2017.
The economics of a niche display ad network are challenging and have eroded further over the past year. It is time for us to exit this business.
Thank you for being part of the Riot Ad Network.
Posted by Jesse Willis
- Thank You: AdSense $$ for May and June 2012
- Thank You: AdSense $$ for January February 2013
- Thank You: AdSense $$ for January and February 2012
- The spinoffs of The SFFaudio Podcast (and the shadowy origins of the show itself)
- Thank You: AdSense $$ for September and October 2012
- The Time Traveler becomes CONTRIBUTING EDITOR for SFFaudio