I’m both intrigued and excited about the prospects of talking about The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time. From the very first chapter, Chapter 2 (!), the narration grabbed me. The main character, Christopher, is awesomely neurodivergent and the story he’s telling is absolutely compelling. I love that it has such stunningly low stakes.
Here’s an NPR interview with author Mark Haddon from 2003.
Martha Woodroof of member station WMRA profiles author Mark Haddon, whose novel The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time features a 15-year-old math whiz with Asperger’s Syndrome who tries to discover who killed a dog with a garden fork.
Posted by Jesse Willis
- Charles Ardai interview about Hard Case Crime
- The SFFaudio Podcast #084
- On NPR’s Weekend Edition, October 9: SciFi Themes…
- The SFFaudio Podcast #155 – READALONG: Five Nebula Nominated Short Stories
- NPR talks to author Michael Chabon
- KCUR interview with Noël Sturgeon, James Gunn and Elspeth Healey about Theodore Sturgeon