Orthopedic Horseshoes are Herb Kauderer and Alan Katerinsky. It’s a podcast where they talk about things and talk to people, or as they say “A show where cranky old men discourse on American Society and media.” I listened to their last podcast entitled “Putting Lipstick on a Science Fiction Convention” and didn’t find them cranky at all. Here’s what it’s about:
The episode features interviews with Anne Cecil about starting a convention, renowned SF author William Tenn (Philip Klass) about Theodore Sturgeon, and Nebula-winning author Mary Turzillo about her poetry collections Your Cat & Other Space Aliens, and Dragon Soup.
Cohosts Herb & Al try to capture the flavor of a Science Fiction convention by bringing their interviews from Confluence 2008. They also discuss filking, science, socializing, the hospitality suite, “Betelgeuse Bridge,” and NESFA Press.
I can vouch for the total righteousness of William Tenn and for NESFA Press.
Posted by The Time Traveler of the Time Traveler Show
- Orthopedic Horseshoes – James Morrow, Geoffrey A. Landis, & rememberences of Hal Clement
- Review of On Venus, Have We Got A Rabbi! by William Tenn
- TTS #29 – Robert Silverberg 1970 WorldCon Speech
- The Time Traveler Show podcasts a FREE Kurt Vonnegut Tale: 2BR02B
- One of the nice things about public radio is often…
- William Tenn has died