From the PBS series WonderWorks – All Summer In A Day was first broadcast in 1982 – the uploader of the torrent version (available HERE) says: “I don’t think it’s ever been released on DVD.” I think he or she is right. This is a low budget adaptation and it’s pretty terrific.
On the planet Venus, it rains almost constantly. A classroom full of young children are excited to hear that the rain will stop today, for just one hour. But they are also resentful of a new classmate from Earth, who remembers what it’s like to see the sun.
[Thanks to Mike Konczewski for the summary]
Posted by Jesse Willis
- BBC4 Afternoon Play The Veldt by Ray Bradbury
- Ray Bradbury’s The Veldt on BBC Radio 4 next Tuesday’s
- Review of Saturn’s Children by Charles Stross
- Reading, Short And Deep #001 – Zero Hour by Ray Bradbury
- The Dimension X and X-Minus One of William Tenn
- “The Smithsonian Collection” of “Old Time Radio Science Fiction” featuring an essay by Ray Bradbury