Posted on March 1 at The Fix: Short Fiction Review is the latest Rocket Science column, which covers 1960 – 1961.
Audio versions of Hugo winners from those years:
Short Fiction: “Flowers for Algernon” by Daniel Keyes
I couldn’t find an audio version of the novelette version, but the novel version (which later won a Nebula Award) is available from Recorded Books.
Novel: Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein
There are two versions of this – one from Blackstone Audio and one from Recorded Books. See Jesse’s review of both of them for the full scoop.
Short Fiction: “The Longest Voyage” by Poul Anderson
This one was included in a Dercum Press collection called No Truce with Kings. |SFFaudio Review|.
Novel: A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller, Jr.
Amazon lists an out-of-print version from Books on Tape, and Wisconsin Public Radio produced a 13 part audio drama for NPR, which you may be able to find.
Short Fiction: The “Hothouse” series by Brian W. Aldiss
I couldn’t find this one on audio.
Novel: Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein
Blackstone Audio has an unabridged production, read by Christopher Hurt.
Posted by Scott D. Danielson
- Blackstone Audiobooks for Spring & Summer 2007
- The sound of Robert A. Heinlein’s voice
- The Fix: Rocket Science 1958 – 1959
- Blackstone Audiobooks to release Variable Star by Robert A. Heinlein and Spider Robinson
- Anthony Boucher’s All Stars: 52 best SF books (+6 More) and 12 Fantasy books
- Review of Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein