Roger Gregg of Crazy Dog Audio Theatre has recently posted two fabulous interviews:
First up is an interview of Dirk Maggs, audio theatre producer. He’s produced many audio plays and has won awards for An American Werewolf in London (I have GOT to find a copy of that one) and Superman: Doomsday and Beyond. Some of the topics discussed: audio theatre scripts, audio theatre actors, and the production process. Dirk’s latest show is The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy: Tertiary Phase, which will broadcast soon on BBC Radio 4. The interview has many pictures from that production.
Second, an interview of Paul Deeley, the sound engineer on the Hitchhiker production. Deeley has worked closely with Dirk Maggs on a number of projects. Gregg interviews Deeley on the technical aspects of production – again, there are many cool pictures throughout, taken while recording Hitchhiker’s Guide.
Both of these interviews are full of great information about audio theatre. Check out all the other Crazy Dog interviews here.
More on Roger Gregg soon – in the pipeline is his hilarious Big Big Space production, available from ZBS.
Posted by Scott D. Danielson
- Roger Gregg and the Crazy Dog Audio Theatre are at…
- Review of The Last Harbinger by Roger Gregg
- Big news for Hitchhiker fans! (Yes, I am one…) …
- Review of The Apocalypse of Bill Lizard by Roger Gregg
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams – Live! TODAY!
- Review of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy: Tertiary Phase