There is an excellent interview with Richard K. Morgan over on the Sci-Fi Dimensions podcast. Morgan and his new novel The Steel Remains are rubbing a lot of people the wrong way. His provocative essay on Tolkien’s The Lord Of The Rings drew charges of rabble-rousing and worse. As a shit-disturber myself I thought it was very cool, and though I could definitely see why the rabble might be roused. Morgan is calling things as he sees them – his vision has a dark tinge (but only in comparison to the vision of most) – he definitely sees our world with a jaded eye. His fictional worlds too are full of fallible humans. Everything he’s written seems happily noir. I really dig his ideas, and am very much enjoying the audiobook of The Steel Remains . If you’re not sure if you will enjoy it, have a listen to this interview, it will help you decide.
Posted by Jesse Willis
- The SFFaudio Podcast #034 – READALONG: The Steel Remains by Richard K. Morgan
- Added to our AUTHOR PAGE: RICHARD K. MORGAN
- No STEEL REMAINS for Canada?
- Faster Than Light – interviews with Richard K. Morgan, Stephen Donaldson, MORE
- SFBRP: Six Fantasy novels read in 2009 reviewed
- StarShipSofa Interviews Richard K Morgan