Spartan Youth Radio (a Northern Ontario high school radio station) has an interview with Margaret Atwood. Reporter Madeline Lemire talked to Atwood during her book tour for The Year Of The Flood. In the interview Atwood talks about her novel, moon landing conspiracy theories, biotechnology, religion, environmentalism, coffee, twitter and “the future of novels.”
I always thought Margaret Atwood’s position on ‘not being a Science Fiction writer’ had some merit. She’s never been all that interested in science. After listening to Atwood explain her position on the moon landings being fake (she thinks that they were) I have to agree she’s definitely not all that interested in science. I shake my head at your smug oleaginousness Margaret Atwood. You are a history denier. The moon landings were not fake. We did them, they were done.
Here’s the interview |MP3|
Our review of The Year Of The Flood |READ OUR REVIEW|!
Here’s a video featuring a multi-performer “dramatic reading” from The Year Of The Flood:
Aren’t you glad Atwood doesn’t narrate her own audiobooks?
[via the Digital Copyright Canada blog]
Posted by Jesse Willis
- CBC Book Club: Vintage 1985 Margaret Atwood talking about The Handmaid’s Tale
- There’s lots of great science fiction stuff over o…
- Radio Drama Revival: BBC Radio 4’s The Handmaid’s Tale
- Review of The Year Of The Flood by Margaret Atwood
- KUCI Film School: Interview with the director and co-writer of Moon
- KUSP radio broadcasting out of Santa Cruz, Califor…