One can easily imagine a story like this actually happening at an upper-crust English country seat like the fictional Downton Abbey – Ruth Golding’s fabulous narration is spot on for this cute little “ghost story” by Saki.
By Saki; Read by Ruth Golding
1 |MP3| – Approx. 15 Minutes [UNABRIDGED]
The busybodies at a vicarage garden party invite a one Miss Ada Bleek, from the “Society for Psychical Research”, to have a bit of a snoop at their local ghosts – she finds a very large and rather pale one.
And here’s a five page |PDF| version.
Posted by Jesse Willis
- LibriVox: Flatland by Edwin A. Abbott
- Reading, Short And Deep #030 – The Interlopers by Saki
- Reading, Short And Deep #028 – The Storyteller by Saki
- Listen To Genius: The Story-Teller by Saki (H.H. Munro)
- Reading, Short And Deep #100 – The Ghosts by Lord Dunsany
- CBC: Rewind: Alan Maitland’s readings of three stories by Stephen Leacock, Saki, and O. Henry