We’re on chapter 8 as the audiobook comes out week by week on |iTunes as a podcast|. If you want to hear this audiobook don’t wait to download it. Mur Lafferty’s agreement with the publisher is that she can only leave the audio files up for a week after she finishes all the chapters on the podcast. So get it while the getting is good.
So far I am enjoying this a lot. It is not another of those “the world is covered with zombies and we’re all just trying to survive” books. The supernatural world is existing camouflaged alongside ours, as we can anticipate from watching our heroine try to get a job writing travel guides.
I enjoyed Lafferty’s Playing for Keeps as a light take on superhero adventures, which were all the craze at the time. Shambling Guide seems like a similar take on the current zombie craze in literature so I look forward to seeing what sort of adventure tale is spun.
So far, this seems like a light, fun read that I would give to my mother or sister (who do not delve as deeply as I do into urban fantasy). And, depending on where the story goes, I might even pick up the print copy for my own shelves.
The book is available on on Audible, too.
Posted by Julie D.
- Adventures in SciFi Publishing Interviews Matt Wallace and Mur Lafferty
- New podiobooks from Lafferty and Sigler
- Mur Lafferty Interviews John Scalzi
- Mur Lafferty Interviewed on The Small World Podcast
- SFFaudio Donates $25.00 To The Pseudopod Podcast
- Escape Pod Features Elizabeth Bear’s “The Something-Dreaming Game”