The Time Traveler Show podcast #11 has the best podcast short story of the season as its latest episode! The story itself has absolutely nothing to do with Xmas, except in the sense that it is a gift from the Time Traveler to all the good little boys and girls out there in podcastland. Come to think of it, the Time Traveler and Santa Claus do have a lot in common!
Anyway, TT’s Xmas gift to us is an unabridged reading of Philip K. Dick’s short story, Beyond Lies The Wub. This was Dick’s first ever published tale. Apparently the Time Traveler even went all the way back to 1952 to try to get Dick to read it for us. Unfortunately Phil wanted to know how big the paycheck would be for it. When TT told him it’d be a ‘pro bono’ job, Phil went into a long rambling harangue about how ‘poor’ he was, that all he ever got to eat was ‘horsemeat’ and that if he’d had a time machine, like the Time Traveler did, he’d be using it to make goddamned money. Said Phil:
This got Phil up off the couch and over to his typewriter – maybe he was inspired or something. The Time Traveler gave up and zipped forward to 2006 and got an excellent reader named Mac Kelly to narrate it for us instead. Almost as good I say!
Better yet, subscribe to the feed, phil your Xmas stocking automatically:
- The Time Traveler Show Podcast # 2 : With Stories by G.C. Edmondson And Frederic Brown
- The Time Traveler Show # 6: More Philip K. Dick and J.C. Hutchins!
- Sci-Fi Weekly reviews The Time Traveler Show podcast!
- The Time Traveler has FREE STORIES by Alfred Bester, James H. Schmidtz and Mack Reynolds!
- The Time Traveler Show – Harry Harrison’s The Velvet Glove
- The Time Traveler Show podcasts a FREE Kurt Vonnegut Tale: 2BR02B