“In my lectures, I am working through The Hobbit and The Lord Of The Rings in detail, doing close readings of the stories (and the songs!) in order to explore the fascinating details of Tolkien’s world while also tracking some of the large, important themes in Tolkien’s fiction. I am currently in the middle of my eight-part series on The Hobbit; read along with me! After you listen, swing by my website to take part in my discussion board or to check out my online Tolkien bookstore.”
I’m going to be listening to these lectures soon!
Olsen is a big proponent of audio in academe, he’s performed Thomas Malory’s The Tale of Sir Lancelot aloud, and he’s the narrator of an unabridged recording of William Langland’s Piers Plowman (in Middle English).
iTunes 1-Click |SUBSCRIBE|
Posted by Jesse Willis
- Review of Rings, Swords, And Monsters: Exploring Fantasy Literature by Michael D.C. Drout
- Lecture: Joe Haldeman on "The Craft of Science Fiction"
- J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit (as read by Nicol Williamson)
- Review of Farmer Giles of Ham & Other Stories by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The SFFaudio Podcast #343 – READALONG: The Lord Of The Rings (Book 6 of 6) by J.R.R. Tolkien
- J.R.R. Tolkien Reading and Singing From The Lord Of The Rings