QUICK! grab this podcast and its MP3s before they’re gone forever!
LTWL 124 (a first year course in the “Literatures of the World” department) is available now, but not for long. The University of California San Diego, which put out this course, takes its podcasts down shortly after a semester ends. Also note, all the files in this feed are completely unedited – this means there are long silences (often an hour of longer) and some files are a completely empty 2 hour block of silence. But, don’t let this deter you. Soldier on, start with lecture 2 (as it is the first file with content).
Introduction: A History of the Future.
Science Fiction: Origins to Golden Age
The Weird World of PKD: Ubik by Philip K. Dick
SF History: The New Wave
New Wave SF:The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. LeGuin
Hard Science Fiction: Timescape by Gregory Benford
SF Onscreen: 1900-1970s
SF Onscreen: After Star Wars
Guest Lecture: David Brin
Cyberpunk. Neuromancer by William Gibson
Guest Lecture: Vernor Vinge
The Graphic Novel. Reading: Watchmen by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons
[via The DIY Scholar blog]
Posted by Jesse Willis
- Review of Science Fiction: The Literature of the Technological Imagination by Eric S. Rabkin
- Review of From Here To Infinity: An Exploration of SF
- Four H.P. Lovecraft Lectures
- Science Fiction and Politics University Course (has new lectures)
- Lecture: Joe Haldeman on "The Craft of Science Fiction"
- The SFFaudio Podcast #018