SFFaudio Podcast #167, out tomorrow, is a discussion of At The Earth’s Core by Edgar Rice Burroughs. If you’d like to prepare I’ve got the perfect audiobook version for you to check out.
It’s narrated but the wonderful David Stifel, of Marsbooks.libsyn.com. David is reading all of the public domain Barsoom books, under the collected title of “The Fantastic Worlds of Edgar Rice Burroughs“, and I’m totally loving them.
I think you’ll highly entertained by this fantastic adventure!
At The Earth’s Core
By Edgar Rice Burroughs; Read by David Stifel
15 Podcast Episodes – Approx. 6 Hours 26 Minutes [UNABRIDGED]
Podcast: March 2012 – May 2012
David Innes is a man with a remarkable story to tell. He is a mining heir who financed an experimental “iron mole,” an excavating vehicle designed by his elderly inventor friend Abner Perry. In a test run, they discover the vehicle cannot be turned, and it burrows 500 miles into the Earth’s crust, emerging into the unknown interior world of Pellucidar. There David finds a land bigger than Earth’s surface, one that’s inhabited by prehistoric creatures of all geological eras, and dominated by the Mahars, a species of flying reptile both intelligent and civilized, but which enslaves and preys on the local stone-age humans.
Podcast feed: http://www.marsbooks.libsyn.com/rss
Also available, for $12.99, is the audiobook version, which omits the intros and outrous in the podcast, you can grab that HERE.
Posted by Jesse Willis
- The Land That Time Forgot by Edgar Rice Burroughs (as read by David Stifel)
- LibriVox: Pellucidar by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- LibriVox: At The Earth’s Core by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- A Princess Of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs COMPLETE, UNABRIDGED and FREE – Read by a professional actor!
- Review of Pellucidar by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- Featured Promotion: At The Earth’s Core and The House On The Borderland