BBC7 Describes their end of the year offering as: “William Gibson’s cult sci-fi thriller of a woman employed by multi-national companies to test new brands.” Unfortunately their reading of Pattern Recognition is abridged, and not “sci-fi” (or even Science Fiction really – |READ OUR REVIEW| of the unabridged version). Still, Gibson is a great stylist with some amazing ideas. This recording was previously broadcast in October of 2007.
A better year end gift for British subjects (and Earthlings in general) would be for the BBC to change its letters in 2009 to BPC (the British Podcasting Corporation). Come to think of it, a CPC (Canadian Podcasting Corporation) would be a great idea too.
By William Gibson; Read by Lorelei King
5 Parts – Approx. 150 Minutes [ABRIDGED]
Broadcaster: BBC Radio 7
Broadcast: Monday 29th December 2008 – Friday 2nd January 2009
“William Gibson’s cult sci-fi thriller of a woman employed by multi-national companies to test new brands.”
Posted by Jesse Willis
- William Gibson interviews about Spook Country
- Review of Pattern Recognition by William Gibson
- BBC7 has William Gibson’s Burning Chrome + Douglas Hill’s Blade Of The Poisoner
- BBC7 presents Doctor Who and William Gibson’s Pattern Recognition
- Airing on BBC7’s The 7th Dimension: Burning Chrome
- Airing on BBC7’s The 7th Dimension: Burning Chr…