Over the past few years I’ve bought more than a dozen of DVDs featuring episodes of Masters Of Horror. MOH was a cable TV show that brought together Horror stories and Horror filmmakers in hour-long formats. Several of these shows were rather lame – but a few were very good or even excellent.
Three episodes that were rather good were adapted from public domain stories…
The Dreams In The Witch House
By H.P. Lovecraft; Read by MorganScorpion
2 MP3 Files – Approx. 90 Minutes [UNABRIDGED]
Part 1 |MP3| Part 2 |MP3|
Written in January/February 1932, it was first published in the July 1933 issue of Weird Tales. Apparently this story was “heavily influenced by Nathaniel Hawthorne’s unfinished novel Septimius Felton.”
The Black Cat
By Edgar Allan Poe; Read by Ralph Snelson
1 |MP3| – Approx. 27 Minutes [UNABRIDGED]
Published: April 11, 2008
First published in the August 19th, 1843, issue of The Saturday Evening Post.
Posted by Jesse Willis
- LibriVox: The Tomb by H.P. Lovecraft
- LibriVox: The Hollow Of The Three Hills by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- LibriVox Short Horror Story Collection #2 – out now
- LibriVox: Short Science Fiction Stories Collection #002
- LibriVox releases Horror Story Collection 003 stories by Poe, Wells, Lovecraft, Howard and more!
- LibriVox: Short Horror Story Collection #005