Everyone needs a good bit of Dick now and then. Luckily, we’ve spotted some, one of his best in fact. A tale full of false memories, soulful wishes and the planet Mars – all classic Dick themes. Quail is a man who longs to visit Mars. His shrewish wife denies him even the day-dream. But when he discovers that he’s actually already been there, as an agent for a sinister government agency, things start getting a bit confused. Is he really a deep cover Black-Ops assassin with suppressed memories and a false identity? Or is he just a sad shmendrik with delusions of grandeur?
We Can Remember It For You Wholesale
By Philip K. Dick; Read by William Hootkins*
2 Parts 2 Broadcasts – [UNABRIDGED?]
Broadcaster: BBC7 / The 7th Dimension
Broadcast: Thurs. June 7th & Fri. June 8th @ 6:30pm & 12:30am (U.K. Time)
This novelette was first published in The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction‘s in April 1966 issue.
*The reader for this one was William Hootkins, aka “Red Six” from the original Star Wars. Cover me Porkins!
- We Can Remember It For You Wholesale by Philip K. Dick
- Philip K. Dick’s We Can Remember It For You Wholesale on BBC7
- The Zombie Astronaut XMAS ISSUE has Ellison and Dick
- BBC7 goes apocalyptic with 3 John Wyndham readings
- Review of Total Recall by Philip K. Dick
- BBC 7: Of Withered Apples by Philip K. Dick & Perelandra by C.S. Lewis