StarShipSofa and the BSFA are now hitting the home stretch with Day Four. Today the Sofa brings you Ted Chiang’s story The Merchant and the Alchemist’s Gate. This was first published in September’s F&SF 2007.
O MIGHTY CALIPH AND Commander of the Faithful, I am humbled to be in the splendor of your presence; a man can hope for no greater blessing as long as he lives. The story I have to tell is truly a strange one, and were the entirety to be tattooed at the corner of one’s eye, the marvel of its presentation would not exceed that of the events recounted, for it is a warning to those who would be warned and a lesson to those who would learn.
So that leaves only one story to go. Be sure not to miss it tomorrow, then pop over to StarShipSofa Forums and cast your vote on which one you think will win the BSFA Best Short Story 2007.
Subscribe to the podcast via this feed:www.starshipsofa.com/rss
Posted by Tony C. Smith
- StarShipSofa wants you to pick the BSFA Best Short Story of 2007 winner
- Aural Delights: Lawrence Santoro + MORE
- StarShipSofa has Vonda N. McIntyre and Robert Reed
- StarShipSofa narrates Bruce Sterling Short Story
- StarShipSofa podcast talks about Robert A. Heinlein
- StarShipSofa interviews Stephen R. Donaldson & reads a short story