Here’s a rather timely re-post, one based on a post prompted back in 2006 by an astronomer at the University of Hawaii. Professor Esther M. Hu, pointed me towards this reading of an Arthur C. Clarke classic, one read by Clarke himself!
Listening to it again today, and thinking about the significance of science and history of such an event, and the related event happening today, I found Clarke’s reading of The Transit Of Earth to be an incredibly moving experience.
Since then I’ve noticed that there was an introduction written for it too, which appeared in the May 1984 issue of Omni. It’s rather timely, considering that Clarke mentions today’s transit of Venus (which will be the last until 2117):
Here is that issue of Omni in the |CBR| format.
The Transit Of Earth
By Arthur C. Clarke; Read by Arthur C. Clarke
1 |MP3| – Approx. 30 Minutes [UNABRIDGED]
Product #: TC-1566
Posted by Jesse Willis
- The Time Traveler Show has the ULTIMATE Sir Arthur C. Clarke Podcast
- Review of Technical Error by Arthur C. Clarke
- Review of Travel by Wire by Arthur C. Clarke
- BBC7 for Christmas: Arthur C. Clarke
- More vintage vinyl: Arthur C. Clarke and Aldous Huxley performing their own WORK!
- Mindwebs: A Walk In The Dark by Arthur C. Clarke