Joe Haldeman, an Adjunct Professor of Writing at MIT, and future SFWA Grand Master (if there’s any justice) has recorded a lengthy lecture/discussion on “The Craft of Science Fiction.” Recorded at MIT’s Bartos Theatre back in November 2006.
In the piece Haldeman reads a section from his upcoming Time Travel novel The Accidental Time Machine, the plot for which plays at MIT itself. Joe also talks about the history of Science Fiction, and his own work in it. Really fascinating!
[via SF Signal]
- Joe Haldeman speaking about The Craft of Science Fiction
- Review of The Accidental Time Machine by Joe Haldeman
- New Audiobook Imprint Available for Public Libraries
- Orson Scott Card Selects #7 – The Forever War by Joe Haldeman
- Commentary: SFSignal Mind Meld on favourite audiobooks (and audio drama) of all time
- The SFFaudio Podcast #013