Released just yesterday, there’s a brand new audiobook in the ever expanding LibriVox catalogue that should draw many a happy ear. Edgar Rice Burrough’s The Land That Time Forgot follows in the long tradition of literature about myserious/lost/previously unknown areas of the Earth visited by regular folks who then write about it, put it in a bottle and then cast it into the sea. In reading The Land That Time Forgot you’ll feel its roots in Conan Doyle’s The Lost World, Poe’s The Narrative Of Arthur Gordon Pym and De Mille’s A Strange Manuscript Found In A Copper Cylinder.
The Land That Time Forgot
By Edgar Rice Burroughs; Read by Ralph Snelson
10 Zipped MP3s or Podcast -3 Hours 50 Minutes [UNABRIDGED]
Published: August 2008
The Land That Time Forgot is a science fiction novel, the first of Edgar Rice Burroughs’ “Caspak” trilogy. His working title for the story was “The Lost U-Boat.” Starting out as a harrowing wartime sea adventure, the story ultimately develops into that of a fantastical lost world.
And, be sure to check out ore new EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS author page, which details as many Edgar Rice Burroughs audiobooks, audio dramas and podcasts as we could find.
Posted by Jesse Willis
- LibriVox: The People That Time Forgot by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- LibriVox: Out Of Time’s Abyss by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- LibriVox: The Lost Continent by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- The Land That Time Forgot by Edgar Rice Burroughs (as read by David Stifel)
- LibriVox: The Son Of Tarzan by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- The SFFaudio Podcast #218 – READALONG: The Land That Time Forgot by Edgar Rice Burroughs